Friday, October 10, 2008

VeganMoFo: Where the magic happens

I haven't been able to update for a few days, unfortunately. Well, today will be mostly pictures for a kitchen tour!

We are currently renting our place, and the kitchen is quite far from my dream kitchen. While small, it is bigger than most of the kitchen's I've had since moving away from my family.

This is what you see from the doorway from the dining room.This is what you see to the right. To the left is a door to the back "yard". It's boring, so no photo. This stove is pretty old, but it's gas, which is hard to come by in rentals around here.
Here's a peak inside the fridge. The fridge is smaller than average, so it's always jammed full. For perspective, I am 5'4" and it's about the same height as me.

Condiment city

Here's my bakers rack against the half wall. Spices and vinegars live here, as well as all of my cookbooks.


Here is a close-up of my faithful assistant, Beatrix.
This is the cupboard where the grains and tea live. I have a similar cupboard where the baking supplies live. I also took a photo of the cupboard where all the dishes live, but that photo mysteriously disappeared.
This isn't actually in the kitchen. We ran out of cupboard space in the kitchen, so we have an armoire in the dining room where I keep snacks, canned goods, miscellaneous food items, lesser used appliances, and the serving dishes.
Looking over these photos makes me feel so privileged. Thank God that I have never have to go hungry.

2 comments:

Bex said...

awesome kitchen. So organized and ready to go.

Kelly said...

I love how organized your kitchen is. Will you come over and do mine? I too have run out of room in my kitchen. Many of my small appliances (i.e. slow cooker, food dehydrator) now live in my bedroom closet. That's what happens when you have a 642 sq ft condo with a small galley kitchen.