Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jumble pasta, salad, yummy cookies

Here are some photos of tonights dinner:
Jumble pasta:

I started out by caramelizing some onions in olive oil and a dribble of maple syrup. Then I added a couple cloves of garlic, and some leftover sundried tomatoes that needed to be used up. After all of that softened, I tossed in the remains of a bag of frozen broccoli and some frozen navy beans. I poured in some white wine, sprinkled some italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cooked until everything was hot. Then I tossed in some sprouted wheat noodles fro Trader Joes and let it cook a few minutes longer. Topped with fresh grated parmesan and red pepper flakes. Very yummy use of leftover ingredients.

Served with a salad of spinach, onion, parmesan, capers and garden tomatoes.

For dessert, Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Vive Le Vegan by Dreena Burton.

This recipe is perfect. Supper quick to whip together and only made 9 cookies, perfect for Bill and I to share for a couple of days.

No comments: