Monday, March 23, 2009

The whirlwind winds down

A lot has happened in the past couple weeks, and I finally feel like things are winding down. First thing to note is that last Sunday, Bill and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Our marriage had a (surprising to naive me) rocky start. One year together by no means makes us experts, but I am glad to say that I think we are getting better at this whole marriage thing. I really do love being Bill's wife. To celebrate, we had Sunday brunch at Zencha Tea Salon, which I highly recommend. They make beautiful tea inspired pancakes and waffles. And I always love the tea there, favoring their Indian Chais. For dinner we went to Marcella's, which was pretty nice. The food was good, although they didn't have a ton of vegetarian options. What we had was made with very delicious ingredients though. I enjoyed our experience there.
I am also happy to report that last week I started a new job. I am working part time as an administrative assistant at a funeral home, and I am really liking it. The people I work with are great, the hours are perfect (9-2, M-F), and the field is interesting to say the least. People have been asking me if I am weirded out by working around dead people, but I am not. I view death as a part of life. I do feel compassion for those who have lost loved ones, but I don't feel personally sad. I did often feel sad working at my previous job where many troubled youth and broken families came in. That was really hard for me.
Starting my new job (and also shopping around for professional and color conservative clothes to add to my mostly colorful wardrobe) , and also dog sitting last week left me in a bit of a tizzy. But things have settled down now and I feel like this week I can start working at a routine that balances work and home life again, this time with the priviledge of working only part time.
I feel like my life, in general, has been going in a really good direction. I praise God for His blessing, for answering prayers, and for challenging me continually in my thoughts and actions. I am thankful for my lovely family, my amazing friends, my new job, and the great community that I live in. I am ready to fully engage in all of it.

No comments: